Barack Obama Rewrote the history books by becoming the 1st black, president was inaugurated on Tuesday. It was day that will be remembered by all Americans for the rest of our lives. Like many other events that changed history people will remember exactly where they were when this historic event took place. Just as I will always remember being in 6th grade computer class when the 9/11 tragedy occurred, I will remember I was sitting in my biology class When Barack Obama was sworn in to office. This was a historic day for everyone to be a part of for every person in the world.
I for one did not vote for Barack Obama but felt a great sense of patriotism running through my true American soul. It is a great American story for a Black man to finally take office. Only in America can your ancestors be slaves and be the most powerful man in the world. Barack Obama is the epitome of the American dream.
It was a shame I was unable to see him sworn live but I did get to watch him at the parade, as well as at the several Balls that were televised. When he spoke, everyone listened, he is a great orator. His speeches were inspirational. When I watched and listened to him speak, I couldn’t help but be overcome with a feeling that everything was going to be fine with Obama at the helm of this great country. I think he has what it takes to bring this country back to the top where it belongs. It is very fitting for a black man to the president of the United States of America. These are the things that spate the United States of America from every other country in the world. We are dynamic, constantly changing, an African American who once had legal segregation, who once was a slave, can be the President of the United States.
It was a historic day and I definitely took time out of my day to reflect on it. I was walking home from class with my iPod on shuffle and the song my president, by Young Jeezy started playing. A song about Barack Obama.
Good Luck America
I think I will remember that day forever because I felt like we are changing and its for the good.
ReplyDelete