Friday, February 20, 2009

The Simpsons

The single greatest TV show of all time is The Simpsons. This is not an opinion it is a fact. It is the longest running sitcom in the history of the world. It is also one of the most popular. Millions of people watch this show every day. This show started as a short skit that regularly appeared on a variety show. It has become a part of the American tradition. It really is how that almost anyone can relate to. It is basically the story of the average American household. There is the trouble maker, the nerdy student, the stay at home mom that holds the house together, and the blundering father. The father, Homer usually gets himself into some sort of hilarious problem that is solved.
There are thousands of characters for anyone to relate to. Each character has his own story and characteristic. There are no cookie cutters here. There really is no filler in this show at all. Every second of every episode serves its purpose to make you laugh.
I guess the reason I really love this show is because I see a lot of my family in it. My mom holds the family together and my dad is the one who acts like a kid sometimes. My older brother is definitely Bart, always getting into trouble. I am kind of a Bart an Lisa hybrid. I do well in school but I also can find some trouble.
The Simpsons are the best
Peace out

8 comments:

  1. I never really got into cartoon shows like Family Guy and The Simpsons but from the few that I have seen they are really funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think that I have actually ever seen a full episode of the simpsons.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha i have been watching this show since i was little. my older cousins always watched this and i would watch it with them and my mother did not approve

    ReplyDelete
  4. i used to watch it all the time

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am more of a Family Guy person than a Simpson person, but I can appreciate the classic humor that is Simpsons. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My brother watches this show all the time. It is pretty funny.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the Simpsons, I found my complete first season DVD set hidden in my room when I brought home half my room last weekend.

    ReplyDelete